Recipe by Lainey6605
These cookies are filled with a chocolate frosting. Recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe Lainey. We enjoyed these tasty little morsels very much. The rich, chocolate cream cheese filling was the perfect partner for the cookie. I garnished the top of the cookies with a little leftover crushed peppermint.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and egg until creamy.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 36 balls of 2 t each.
- Refrigerate for awhile if dough is too soft to work with.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make indent in center of each with thumb.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, until set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In bowl, stir 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar with 3 1/2 teaspoons water.
- Transfer to a plastic bag and snip a small corner from the bag.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies, let dry.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in chocolate.
- Transfer to a plastic bag.
- Snip off corner of bag; fill centers of cookies.