Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yes, here I am back with yet another soup recipe that keeps me going and is quick as a snap to throw together and leave to cook. This is not fancy food but makes it easier for me to eat and not have to think a great deal about it being alone. c.2007
- 1 (10 ounce) bagangel hair coleslaw mix or 1 (10 ounce) bagregular coleslaw mix
- 1 (28 ounce) canimported crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup long grain white rice, raw
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Reserve 1 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- Place remaining ingredients into crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, add the remaining lemon juice.