My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup old fashioned Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 2In bowl, mix oats and egg whites until oats are evenly coated.
- 3Add oats to vegetable mixture in skillet.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until oats are dry and separated, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Add broth, basil, salt and pepper.
- 6Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Pepper Oat Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth