Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good way to use the male blossoms from your zucchini plants. Very good, and very cheesy! You can add more herbs to taste...
- 12 large squash blossoms
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- all-purpose flour
- light olive oil
- Remove pistils from the blossoms, but leave the stems intact.
- Make a paste with the garlic and the salt and put in a bowl with the three cheeses, herbs, and pepper.
- Carefully open the petals of each blossom and stuff about 1 tbsp of the mixture into the base.
- Twist the petals together to seal.
- Finish stuffing all blossoms.
- Dip the blossoms 1 at a time into the beaten egg.
- Coat each blossom with flour.
- In a medium skillet, add enough light olive oil to cover by 1/2 inch.
- Fry the blossoms 3 or 4 at a time, turning occasionally over medium heat until golden brown, Drain on paper towels.