Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is from Mary Kaye Rackowitz as posted on allrecipes.com. It is a little different for bean salad, at least for me. I personally thought it was a little on the sweet side at first, but my husband enjoys it as is and so have guests. It is growing on me. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook lima beans according to package.
- Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl mix together limas and green beans.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans and add to bowl. Mix well.
- Halve tomatoes and add to bowl. Mix well.
- Chop onion and add to bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine, lemon juice, sugar, oil, and seasonings. Whisk together and pour over salad.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 5 hours or more, stirring occasionally.