Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Almost like the Cherry Dump Cake, just a little different. It is especially delicious warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup butter, sliced (use sticks)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a lightly greased 13 X 9 pan, layer the pie filling, pineapple, brown sugar, cake mix, coconut and pecans, in that order.
- Dot the top of this with the slices of butter.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yum! Just throw it together and bake it. I had some still warm from the oven and it was delicious.
This is so good. Not just because it tastes good but because it is so easy and offers the opportunity to make numerous creations by switching flavors (like walnuts and blueberry filling, etc., etc.). I am fighting to keep myself from eating the whole thing. I am so happy I found this.
This was fabulous Sherrybeth! I made it yesterday for DD's birthday and everyone loved it. The only change was that I had to bake it an additional 10 minutes because when I originally took it out of the oven the center was still very jiggly. Thanks again...the combo of flavours was wonderful!