Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are melt-in-your-mouth good! They are also very easy and cheap to make.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 70 Ritz crackers
- Place wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir and microwave 10-20 seconds more until melted.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon extract.
- Mix well.
- Dip crackers in chocolate mixture using a fork. Hold fork over bowl to drain excess chocolate.
- Place on wax paper.
- Repeat until all chocolate is used up.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Place in sealed container and store in cool place.
Spring PAC 2008: I made these to test them out ahead of time for a bake sale that I am helping out at next week - this recipe is a keeper!! I love Thin Mints and these were a less expensive way to enjoy the real-deal!
These taste surprisingly like real Thin Mint cookies! I used tongs to hold the crackers when dipping, and let the excess drip off before putting onto the wax paper. After letting the chocolate harden in the fridge, I had to try one. They taste great! I will definitely make these again and again!
These are super wonderful for sure! I made one slight change; I had them at a cookie exchange and they were made with Andes creme de menthe candy, melted. Super smooth and better for my crowd who prefers milk chocolate. But I'm going to try them with semi-sweet and extract!! We sprinkled them with colored sprinkles and packed them in cupcake papers for gifts. They are the best fake out yet!!!