Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto or 2 -3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook until foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the warm milk, I usually warm it in the microwave oven, and whisk constantly.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and tomato pesto. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
This is a great sauce. Really nice consistency. No one in my family likes tomatoes except me, so I subbed bacon bits. Very easy.
Used this for hagt's Shrimp and Chicken Pasta #158536. I subbed olive oil for the butter but otherwise followed the recipe. Excellent sauce, excellent pasta.