Recipe by English_Rose
This colourful pizza is topped with tomato, cheese, olives, chorizo, pancetta and mango - yes, Mango! Makes a change from pineapple anyway! This can also be made with a ready made pizza base if you are in a hurry.
For the dough
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 7⁄8 cup lukewarm beer or 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb strong flour, plus more
- strong flour, if necessary
For the pizza
- 1 cup sieved tomatoes
- 3 onions, sliced and slowly caramelised
- 5 ounces smoked pancetta, diced and crisped in a hot pan and drained
- 5 ounces chorizo sausage, diced and crisped in a hot pan and drained
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 2 green chilies, finely sliced
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, peeled
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls, cheeses each sliced into five
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20 black olives, pitted
- chili oil, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dough: in a bowl, combine the yeast with the beer, honey, olive oil and salt. Leave for 5 minutes at room temperature to activate the yeast, and then transfer to a food processor with the strong flour and process until the dough forms a ball.
- The dough should be soft but not sticky. If it is too sticky, add a little more flour and process for another couple of seconds.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead thoroughly for 2 minutes, adding extra flour if necessary to form a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour. until doubled in size,.
- Preheat the oven to 445°F.
- Divide the dough into 4 and roll into balls. Put on a lightly oiled baking tray, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll into rounds, each about 1/2in thick.
- Spread 2 tbsp sieved tomatoes on the base of each dough round, leaving a 2 1/2in edge. Spread the caramelised onions on top, followed by the, chorizo, mango, chili and cherry tomatoes. Top with the mozzarella, parmesan, pancetta, oregano, olives and pepper.
- Put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until crisp and bubbling. Leave to cool for 2 minutes before serving, with a little chili oil if you like.