Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For something a little different. Great for causal get togethers, or sliced into small pieces for appetizers.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in cheeses, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches; cook in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
This is heaven! We actually didn't have any mayo in the house, so I substituted sour cream, which really turbo-charged it up! We used a great whole-grain bread, and instead of buttering and frying it up put it in our sandwich toaster. Just 3 little words can describe this -- Oh My God!!!!
This is sooo good! I used a lovely crusty white loaf I got from the local bakery, they sliced it in to toast slices for me and was perfect for this recipe.
I hardly ever make grilled cheese sandwiches but when the suggestion was made I checked Zaar and found this. How much better this is than "Wonder"bread and sliced packaged cheese!! Was enjoyed by all.