Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For more information, visit www.tessward.com
- Ready In:
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets (should yield approximately three cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
- 3. In a food processor, rice the cauliflower florets until they are a fine crumb.
- . Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a low-medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice (about three cups) and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring continually or until soft. You want the water to evaporate as much as possible from the cauliflower without developing color. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise you’ll end up with mushy dough.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, Parmesan, comté, salt, and mix well, then spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and shape into four bread squares. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove and let cool for ten minutes, then gently peel them off the parchment paper.
- . Heat a pan over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of the cauliflower bread and place the buttered side down on the pan.
- Cover the bread liberally with your chosen cheese, plus gherkin or jalapeño (if using) and top with the remaining slice of cauliflower bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown, about two to four minutes, then gently flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION