Cauliflower Bread Grilled Cheese
photo by Alyssia Mind Over
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -8 slices cheddar cheese
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and blend until it reaches a rice consistency.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave safe bowl and microwave 5 minutes at a time 4 times, stirring in between. This will help to draw out the moisture. Allow the microwaved rice to cool for about 30 minutes, until cool to the touch.
- Combine cauliflower rice with egg, parmesan and garlic powder.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions.
- Flatten out each portion into a ¼–1/2” square “bread” shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 450 Fahrenheit for 15–20 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing pieces from the pan.
- Use a spatula to remove the cauliflower bread and assemble sandwiches. Place 1-2 slices of cheese in between two slices of cauliflower bread.
- Place in a toaster oven for 5-10 minutes on broil until the cheese is melted and bread is toasty.
Cleaning up my post Christmas nutrition by not eating flours and sugars throughout the week so I gave this a try. I mostly followed the recipe except I used a blend of grated Italian cheeses in the "bread" w/ American cheese & Dill pickles in the sandwich. Did it taste like bread? Not quite but gave me the sandwich fix i craved. The next day I used a slice in a BELT (the E being egg) which was quite delicious. I didn't attempt to pick it up- used a knife and fork. Next time I think I'll turn it into a pizza crust! Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mind Over Munch is a brand dedicated to making living a healthy lifestyle easier and more fun! Alyssia's mission with Mind Over Munch is to redefine health. Forget about the labels, fad diets, and what anyone says is ?healthy,? and learn to make informed decisions about what is best for YOU! With great recipes, tips, educational videos, tutorials and a little kookiness, Alyssia strives to educate, encourage, and of course entertain through her YouTube Channel and overall brand. Join her healthy journey and begin one of your own! After all, it?s all a matter of Mind Over Munch!