Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
- Ready In:
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a large microwave safe. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 6-8 minutes. Stir every two minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- When cool enough to handle, place the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and wring out the excess liquid.
- To a bowl add the cooked cauliflower rice, eggs and grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Lightly spray a parchment paper lined sheet tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture in 4. Using your hands press and shape the mixture to resemble a slice of bread. Repeat process until you have 4 slices of bread.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on to two pieces of the cauliflower.
- Using a spatula, carefully place a piece of cauliflower bread on top of each sandwich. Place back in oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!