Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found the secret to making amazing hummus from Chef Roberto Martin in his cookbook vegan Cooking For Carnivores. Roberto states that, " The trick to making amazing hummus is water and air." In this recipe you will allow your ingredients to run in the food processor for 6-7 minutes, creating a light and fluffy final product. We love this recipe and hope you will, too.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh lemon juice, just a squeeze
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process or 6-7 minutes.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.