Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Spaghetti with almost no carbs! It's like magic! If you haven't tried spaghetti squash yet, you should. It's really a great replacement when you're craving spaghetti but can't have it.
Top Review by Charlotte P.
Modifications: 1. Crockpot Onions 2. Pecorino Romano 3. Bulgarian Yoghurt (I used White Mountain) Everything else is the same. Instead of using the microwave (cancer, anyone?) I cut it in half and roasted it cut side down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper for 40 minutes at 400°. After preparing the filling as directed, I filled the shells back up and baked them following the suggested time and temp. Not moving them from the center rack, I then broiled them for 5 minutes. So delicious! This is going in my special recipe box.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 spaghetti squash, 2-2 1/2 lbs, scraped and ready to use (see How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash)
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, minced
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic until soft and fragrant, 6 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place scraped squash in bowl, add onions and garlic, basil, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place mixture in buttered 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes until JUST starting to brown.
- Serve immediately.