1/2 Photos of The Realtor's Chicken Scallopini
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
I found this recipe on the internet. I made a change or two and my family loves it. I serve this over chicken flavored rice. It goes together so well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 20 capers (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken base (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
- 2 lemon slices
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the garlic and butter until well combined. Set aside.
- 2Place a chicken breast half on a work surface with the thick side facing to the right (if you're right-handed), and place your left hand down on the chicken breast.
- 3Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast from the thick side to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the thin side, in a horizontal cut.
- 4Open the cut chicken breast and spread it out like an open book. Using a meat mallet, gently pound the butterflied chicken breast until it is an even thickness.
- 5Place the flour in a shallow dish; dredge each chicken breast on both sides with the flour.
- 6Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming.
- 7Cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- 8Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper.
- 9Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- 10Cook and stir the mushrooms, in the same skillet, until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges.
- 11Stir in capers, lemon juice, white wine, chicken base and water.
- 12Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer.
- 13Adjust salt and pepper again; stir the parsley into the sauce.
- 14Remove the chicken breasts to serving plates.
- 15Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- 16Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Realtor's Chicken Scallopini
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 356.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: