Recipe by GingerlyJ
It has taken several years and taking bits of pieces from here and there for me to make the perfect turkey, but It is so moist and has a wonderful flavor and always gets rave reviews. It's labot intensive but worth the effort in the end
Top Review by Sunday55
Used this recipe for my turkey last year and it was a hit!! I brined my turkey for 48 hours and I cooked it at 350. The turkey was so juicy and tender!! It was soooo good, there was hardly any left.
- 1 whole turkey, Giblets removed
- 2 quarts unsweetned apple juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 ounces fresh gingerroot
- 15 whole cloves
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 medium oranges, cut into four
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 lemon, cut into half
- 1 orange, cut in half
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into 4
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 tablespoons dried herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingriendients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. add oranges then let cool.
- Put turkey in Brine and marinade 24- 48 hours.
- Pat dry with cloth.
- In the cavity, place 1 orange and lemon, Taraon, basil, garlic, onion.
- Cut small pockets all over the turkey just under the skin, stuff pockets with cream cheese.
- Mix butter, herbs and Chili flakes and rub over skin.
- Put in a roaster and roast, covered on 250 degrees 8- 12 hours.
- Remove stuffings before serving.