1/3 Photos of The Mixture - Green Bean, Mashed Potato, Ground Beef Casserole
My mom used to call this "the Mixture" and it was always a favorite around our house growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Start them boiling.
- 2Meanwhile, start green beans boiling.
- 3Meanwhile, brown ground beef.
- 4Slice onions and spray casserole dish with non-stick coating.
- 5Place the browned ground beef in the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with half of the cheese (tearing cheese slices into chunks if using) and half of the sliced onions.
- 6Add green beans next, and repeat cheese & onion layers.
- 7Drain potatoes, add milk and butter in your preferred amounts and mash. I use about 2 tablespoons butter & add milk until the consitancy is right.
- 8Spread mashed potatoes over top of casserole.
- 9Sprinkle with additional cheese and breadcrumbs followed by paprika if desired, otherwise just with paprika.
- 10Bake for about 20-30 minutes in a 400 oven until top of mashed potatoes is golden and cheese is well melted. May be prepared in advance, refridgerated and baked later.
- 11Hints: if this is too bland, some suggestions to spice it up: try adding garlic, worcestershire sauce and other spices when browning beef. Add paprika and garlic powder to the potatoes while mixing. Use jalapeno cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Mixture - Green Bean, Mashed Potato, Ground Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g