1/1 Photo of The Incredible Edible Flower Salad With Fresh Herbs
From Delicious Living! Make a colorful splash for your next get-together! For quicker preparation, use a bag of organic mixed greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butterhead lettuce
- 236.59 ml baby arugula leaf
- 236.59 ml baby spinach leaves
- 236.59 ml watercress leaf
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf, loosely packed
- 118.29 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped coarsely
- 118.29 ml sorrel (or 1 cup purslane)
- 118.29 ml baby mustard greens or 118.29 ml collard greens
- 78.07 ml fresh chives, snipped
- 78.07 ml fresh chervil, snipped
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, snipped
- 118.29-236.59 ml fresh edible flower (read *NOTE)
Mustard-Dill Seed Vinaigrette
- 1*NOTE: Any of the following **UNSPRAYED/PESTICIDE-FREE** flowers will work in this recipe: nasturtiums, daylilies, pansies, borage, roses or the flowers from culinary herbs.
- 2VINAIGRETTE: In a small, non-reactive bowl whisk together all salad dressing ingredients. Set aside. Best prepared 30 minutes to 1 hour in advance.
- 3SALAD: Wash and *gently* pat dry the butterhead lettuce, all herbal greens and edible flowers.
- 4Tear apart the butterhead lettuce and any large-leafed herbs.
- 5In a pretty salad bowl, toss together all greens except for the flowers.
- 6Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- 7Garnish with the edible flowers and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Incredible Edible Flower Salad With Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: