This has been my recipe for cc's (as my kids call them) for as long as I can remember. Do not substitute for the shortening - it makes a thick, crispy cookie. Bet you can't eat just one!
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix (if this is too much batter for your electric mixer, you may have to finish mixing in dry ingredients by hand.) Stir in nuts and chips by hand.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for about 10 minutes.
- Note: Start with 4 1/4 cups of flour and add more if needed.
- Sometimes this batter comes out quite stiff.
- Recipe can be halved successfully.
These are awesome.... thank you!!
These are perfection and my standard for chocolate chip cookies! Soft and Chewy. Followed the recipe perfectly, thanks for sharing.
Wonderful! We made these into lots of little cookies. They were all so tender and beautiful! I served them at a meeting and we ended up having to work around the one guy because his mouth was always full with cookies! Needless to say, they were a big hit. These will be the only choc chip cookies I will ever make again! Thanks for posting!