Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A perfect make ahead dish. This is EXCELLENT !! I usually have to double this. Guaranteed you will make this over and over. It comes from a Christmas cookbook I believe, my friend gave me the recipe and It is a Great Dish !!!!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Ritz cracker
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam or boil broccoli, beans and peas together until tender, drain and set aside.
- cook1/2 cup onions in 2 tbsp of butter till tender.
- Add cornstarch, salt, pepper and sour cream; mix well.
- Stir in green vegetables.
- Put in a greased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Mixture can be refrigerated overnight at this point and finished before cooking.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp of butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
This is a great way to hide those vegies that sometimes people say " oh I don't eat that" LOL The flavours blended really well. I made this for company and all enjoyed it. I plan to make this for my Christmas Dinner as I will be able to make this the day before. Thanks for posting.
This is a good way to get the vegetables down. But I just guess you have to like them to begin with in order to get 5 stars, sorry.
Thanks for this recipe. It is delicious. Great way to get some green veggies in my toddler!!! I will be making this (and doubling it) often. Thanks for the do-ahead steps - it certainly makes this dish easy to prepare. Thanks a lot!