Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy to make. Just throw the filling ingredients into the blender then pour over the crust. Delicious!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lb cream cheese, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together the cracker crumbs, ¼ cup sugar, and ¼ cup melted butter, and line the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch ungreased spring-form pan.
- Blend sour cream, ½ cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a blender for 1 minute. Add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter through the top of the machine. Blend and pour into the spring-form pan.
- Bake in the lower third of a 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- When baking is finished, turn oven on to broil. Broil the cheesecake until the top begins to show attractive spots of brown. Remove from oven.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting and serving.
My husband has been making this cheesecake since we got married (22 years ago.) He has laid claim to it as his own ;) The family fights over the last piece, usually for breakfast! My italian mother-in-law never wanted it at Easter since she was making her ricotta cheesecake! This year I am trying to cut back on carbs, so I made my own version with butter, ground nuts and a little splenda for the crust. I substituted the sugar for half the splenda, added a little lemon zest. You can barely tell the difference! Next time I may bake the crust for a few minutes, let it cool before you add the cheese mixture. Not bad for a carb/sugar free dessert!<br/><br/>NOTE: The original cookbook calls for the oven temp to be 325, not 350.
This cheesecake is so good!! Like Chef #1513609, I've had plenty of requests. People think it's hard to make, but oh, the simplicity!! You won't be sorry. Oh, you must absolutely use Daisy sour cream. Too bad you can't find cream cheese without all the fillers!
Excellent! I made this for Easter dinner, following the instructions exactly. It turned out beautifully and everyone loved it. Thank you!