This cake is pretty amazing. It's made without refined flour or sugar, but the taste and texture are sublime: it's not heavy at all. Besides that, there are plenty of carrots, nuts, and pineapple mixed in. Carrot cake is one of my favorites, and it's even better when I can actually feel good about eating it! :-) Frost with a cream cheese frosting (spreading apricot preserves between the two layers is good too). Prep time does not include grating carrots.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil, honey, and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in remaining 3 ingredients.
- Bake in two greased 9-inch cake layer pans for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in pans several minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- You can also bake this in a 9x13 pan as a sheet cake -- just as good, and easier than frosting a layer cake!