Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use a Caribbean-style habanero sauce, such as Inner Beauty. Do not use Tabasco sauce. or any other vinegar-based hot sauce.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons caribbean-style habanero sauce, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the mashed yolks, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Stir in hot sauce, curry powder, and garlic powder.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Fill the whites evenly with the mixture; if you really like it hot, garnish each egg half with a dab more hot sauce.
- Chill a few hours before serving.