Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mouth watering raita is one of my favourites in the summers!
- 1 cup plain yogurt, beaten well
- 1 medium apple, washed and cut into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1 large pear, washed and cut into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1 large tomatoes, washed,halved and cut into 1 inch sized cubes
- 4 slices pineapple, cut into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled,washed,halved,de-seeded and cut into 1 inch sized cubes
- 15 fresh mint leaves, cleaned,washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, dry roasted and powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly crushed black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Add the roasted cumin powder to the yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix in salt, peppercorns and fresh cream.
- Whisk well.
- Add chopped fruits and veggies.
- Mix well.
- Serve chilled, sprinkled with red chilli powder as an accompaniment to chicken and vegetarian curry dishes.