This is a meal that will wow any cheese lover AND it doesn't have a drop of real cheese in it! You will not believe how creamy and cheesy this casserole is! And it's packed with lots of veggies and protein to boot! I developed it for my lactose-intolerant hubby and we both love it! The cheese even strings like it is real! Reheats like a dream!
My Private Note
9x13 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 pre-cooked cold diced chicken breasts (leftover chicken works great)
- 1 cup water
- 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cube (or reg if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (less for lower sodium)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 cup soymilk (or soy creamer)
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup veggie shreds soy cheese (cheddar, use this specific type of veggie cheese for best results)
- 1 cup veggie shreds soy cheese (mozzarella)
- 3 average sized mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cuts
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/8-1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper (I like fresh ground pepper and use about 15 grinds in my casserole)
- 1Bring water to a boil.
- 2Stir in bouillon and remove from heat.
- 3Stir in margarine.
- 4Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add chicken.
- 6Slowly stir in mayo.
- 7Add sugar, flour and spices.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Add 1/4 cup soy milk or creamer.
- 10Fold in egg noodles, Veggie Shreds, mushrooms, broccoli, peas, carrots corn and eggs (In that order).
- 11Add pepper and salt (to taste).
- 12Pour entire mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 13Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 14Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 15Serve hot with a salad for a complete and filling low-fat delicious "cheesy" meal that even your lactose- intolerant family members can enjoy-- This casserole really tastes and melts like it is made with real cheese!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The " Cheesiest" Cheese Free Casserole Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.8
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 446.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes