1/1 Photo of The Caribbean Mango Fool
From my DD's Children's World Cookbook & Posted for ZWT-5. A very healthy, slushy fruit drink that can also be served as a dessert. Although coconut in fresh, dried or liquid form, is an important ingredient in Caribbean Cooking, this recipe does not depend on it if there is an allergy or personal preference not to use it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put mango pieces in blender & liquidize (or mash well in a bowl with a fork).
- 2Stir the lime or lemon juice into the mango puree, mixing well.
- 3In another bowl, whisk the cream until it starts to thicken, but not enough to form peaks. Set aside.
- 4Stir in the yogurt & coconut milk (if using) into the mango mixture.
- 5Gently fold the cream into the mango mixture.
- 6Pour the fool into bowls or glasses and put them into the refrigerator to chill until serving time.
- 7Decorate with slices of mango before serving.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Caribbean Mango Fool
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g