Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my DD's Children's World Cookbook & Posted for ZWT-5. A very healthy, slushy fruit drink that can also be served as a dessert. Although coconut in fresh, dried or liquid form, is an important ingredient in Caribbean Cooking, this recipe does not depend on it if there is an allergy or personal preference not to use it. Enjoy!
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of (or lime)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (optional)
- Put mango pieces in blender & liquidize (or mash well in a bowl with a fork).
- Stir the lime or lemon juice into the mango puree, mixing well.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream until it starts to thicken, but not enough to form peaks. Set aside.
- Stir in the yogurt & coconut milk (if using) into the mango mixture.
- Gently fold the cream into the mango mixture.
- Pour the fool into bowls or glasses and put them into the refrigerator to chill until serving time.
- Decorate with slices of mango before serving.
I added a couple of tbsp of coconut cream to this drink. Very tasty! Made for Ramadan Tag
Delicious! I'm not a mango fan, but will definitely make this again. I love that it doesn't have any sugar except the natural sugar in the mango, yet it tastes sweet enough for dessert. I made this in my magic bullet with the cream whipped in one container and the fruit mixture blended in another. It was prepared in a jif, and tasted great. Thanks for posting Tinkerbell.
Had this for my nightcap. So wonderful. I like that lemon was added in it so that the drink's not too sweet. I love the creamy mango taste and how everything- even with the yogurt in it, blends together. Thanks, goodnight although I still want another. Made for ZWT5 Caribbean. Zaar Chow Hounds.