1/6 Photos of The Burger Bar - Tyler Florence
Courtesy of Tyler Florence from Tyler's Ultimate. These looked and sounded so good that I posted this for all to share. June 10/2009 - we keep on making these and here are some of the ideas. We grilled the onions instead of caramelizing them on the stove, added Dijon mustard to the herbed mayo & added it with the scallions & chopped-up parsley & also, added Cheddar both white & sharp (added a nice kick)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef brisket, ground
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese (thin slices)
- 4 hamburger buns, split (or other type of bun)
- 1 lb thickly sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- lemon juice (2 squeezes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
TOMATOES WITH SEA SALT AND CHIVES
BACON AND ROSEMARY
HERBED HORSERADISH MAYONNAISE
- 1CARAMELIZED ONIONS:.
- 2Heat butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- 3Add onion slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook slowly until well caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5HERBED HORSERADISH MAYONNAISE:.
- 6Stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, minced herbs, olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 7SAUTEED MUSHROOMS:.
- 8Saute mushrooms in olive oil with sliced garlic and thyme leaves over super-high heat until nicely browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in a couple of drops of fresh lemon juice.
- 9BACON WITH ROSEMARY:.
- 10Lay the sliced bacon on baking sheet, strip leaves from the sprig of rosemary and throw them on top of the bacon with lots of black pepper and roast at 400ºF till bacon is crisp, 10 minutes.
- 11TOMATOES WITH SEA SALT AND CHIVES:.
- 12Slice tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and chopped chives.
- 13ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS:.
- 14Preheat a large cast-iron skillet to medium hot.
- 15Blot a small amount of oil on paper towel and CAREFULLY and quickly wipe the hot skillet to make a non-stick surface.
- 16Season the ground meat in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- 17Give it 3 turns in the bowl with your hands or a big spoon and it's done.
- 18Shape into 4 patties.
- 19When the skillet is hot, put the burgers on the skillet and cook 4 minutes on the first side and 5 on the second side for rare; 7 minutes per side for medium, adding the cheese during the final minute or two, to melt.
- 20Remove the burgers to a platter.
- 21Rub the skillet with paper towel to clean it again.
- 22Then toast the buns cut side down for 1 minutes.
- 23Serve the hamburgers in the buns with accompaniments above.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Burger Bar - Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1454.1
- Calories from Fat 947
- Total Fat 105.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 235.4 mg
- Sodium 1361.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 72.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: