1/1 Photo of The Bistro's Cherry Scones
Annz Recipez's Note:
Slightly revised from the Door County Cherry Scones from The Bistro at Liberty Square in Egg Harbor (wherever that is ...), original recipe is posted at: http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/40228777.html. These scones are magnificent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small bits
- 1 1/4 cups frozen sour cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- 4Add cherries and chips and mix well.
- 5Make a well in center of mixture and pour in yogurt (or buttermilk).
- 6Mix ingredients into a soft, slightly wet dough.
- 7Cut dough in half.
- 8Take half of dough and turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Shape into a ball and roll to a circle roughly 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick.
- 9Cut into 8 wedges. Place each wedge onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Repeat with other half of dough.
- 11Sprinkle wedges with turbinado sugar.
- 12Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bistro's Cherry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 246.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: