1/1 Photo of The Bistro's Cherry Scones
Annz Recipez's Note:
Slightly revised from the Door County Cherry Scones from The Bistro at Liberty Square in Egg Harbor (wherever that is ...), original recipe is posted at: http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/40228777.html. These scones are magnificent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small bits
- 1 1/4 cups frozen sour cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- 4Add cherries and chips and mix well.
- 5Make a well in center of mixture and pour in yogurt (or buttermilk).
- 6Mix ingredients into a soft, slightly wet dough.
- 7Cut dough in half.
- 8Take half of dough and turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Shape into a ball and roll to a circle roughly 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick.
- 9Cut into 8 wedges. Place each wedge onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Repeat with other half of dough.
- 11Sprinkle wedges with turbinado sugar.
- 12Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bistro's Cherry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 246.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: