Recipe by BaybeShell
This is a southwestern stuffed burger that will knock your socks off. My hubby HATES ground turkey. When he took a bite of it, he yelled #*@$ that's good. Then, he went to the grocery store and got more ground turkey the next day.
Top Review by Atubeck
This is the first recipe I have tried that both my husband and I actually ate the turkey burgers! I varied the recipe a little by adding onion and 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs. I used a little less cheese and used pepper jack instead. I broiled them in the oven and they turned out great! Definitely will be making them agan!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (could use ground beef)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa (divided, I have also used black bean salsa with excellent results.)
- 4 -6 leaves lettuce
- 4 -6 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 3 tbsp mayo, 1 pkg taco seasoning, and meat. Divide into 4 for big burgers and 6 for smaller ones. Divide each burger in half then press each out to make 8 or 12 thin patties.
- Mix shredded cheese and 2 tbsp salsa in a small bowl. Spoon mixture over half of the patties. Cover each with another patty and press the sides into a nice seal.
- Grill (I use George Foreman and don't close the lid) about 7 minutes on each side.
- While grilling, mix remaining mayo with remaining salsa. Spread on your buns. Add lettuce, tomato, and whatever extras you like. We usually don't add anything. Assemble your burger like usual.