Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This moist and yummy bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or whenever you're craving something delicious. :) Plus it freezes beautifully and you can make it into muffins too!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease three 7 1/2 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add vanilla and lemon.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda together in a large bowl and gently stir in strawberries. Make a well in the center.
- Add wet ingrediants and stir just until combined ( DON'T over-mix, the bread will get tough )
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 50-55 minutes or utill a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This bread was good, but it wasn't all that flavorful. I did put one loaf in the freezer and seems to hold up well.
Followed your recipe right on down, but used unsweetened frozen strawberries that I thawed & then patted dry with a paper towel. The bread turned out great, & we enjoyed it (as did my son & DIL), but I definitely look forward to making this again when local strawberries are in season! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]