Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the combination of grapefruit and avocado, so I put them together in a salad! It's a nice combination of tangy and sweet and should hit the right notes on your palate. The dressing is made from a combination of Greek yogurt and pomegranate juice. I really could just eat the dressing with a spoon! I hope you enjoy this creation. It is very healthy with just a hint of naughtiness from the sugar. Enjoy! Note: I created this recipe to serve two, but amounts can be easily adjusted
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup purple cabbage, shredded (you can often find pre-shredded cabbage with the bagged lettuces in the grocery store)
- 1 grapefruit, sliced in half and then segmented (as if you were preparing to eat it with a spoon)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients together until completely blended. (You may choose to add more or less of the sugar and/or pepper. The suggested amounts are how I liked it best, but make it to your liking!).
- Divide the lettuce, purple cabbage, grapefruit segments and chopped avocado between two plates or salad bowls. Salt and pepper your salad to taste (or skip it altogether if you prefer!).
- Drizzle the dressing over each salad and serve immediately.
Made this to accompany our sandwiches for lunch. I loved the dressing creation, and will continue to make it throughout summer. Everyone thought it pared very well with the salad. I think it would be wonderful on fruit salad as well. We also enjoyed the addition of the grapefruit in the salad...something new for all of us.
I loved the salad but the dressing just didn't do it for me. I didn't have Greek yogurt and perhaps that was the reason I didn't care for it. I ended up using a pomegranater vinaigrette and liked it much better. Thanks for sharing and good luck in the contest.
This is a really great salad, and I did use the pre shredded purple cabbage. It was creamy and tangy, just the way I liked it, and it was almost a pleasant twist from the typical coleslaw that I'm used to.