Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is definitely the best frosting I have ever had. I am in love with it! Perfect texture....nothing like store bought! It is wonderful on everything!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in a splash of hot water
- In your mixer, beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar until it is creamy.
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract & coffee.
- Beat with the mixer until it's nice and fluffy (about a minute or 2)
- This makes a perfectly spreadable frosting. The nice thing about it is that you can put it in the fridge to make it a little more firm if you would like.
Used to pipe on small brownies (brownie bites). Very good. Great piping consistency, smooth.
I made this recipe for the first time a few weeks ago, and everybody loved it! I used it for cupcakes, and I added a little more coffee to mine. One batch of frosting will easily ice 2 dozen cupcakes. For a little extra something I added shaved chocolate to the top. It's very popular with my family and friends! Thank you so much for sharing it.
Good recipe and the only thing I do differently is to cream my butter to pale and fluffy before adding the vanilla extract and coffee, then I sift the icing sugar and cocoa together and add that in small quantities .. I had to double the recipe for a large mocha cake that I wanted to fill and cover ..