Recipe by Renee Ferraz
I have been making this macaroni salad for years, (don't remember where I got it from) and am not allowed to go to any family functions without it. My new husband even requested that I make it for Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I usually triple the recipe.
Top Review by Christmas Carol
This macaroni salad is absolutely delicious. The Miracle Whip in here really makes the dish, and the fresh veggies add plenty of crunch. I did use celery instead of the cucumber and Miracle Whip Light along with 2% milk cheddar cheese cubes. But you'd never guess the salad was lower in fat! This is tastier (and more colorful) than what you'd find in the deli, & likelier less expensive. Fabulous-a keeper 4 sure!
- 5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (I usually add more)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, cubed (I sometimes use colby/jack)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper