Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this macaroni salad for years, (don't remember where I got it from) and am not allowed to go to any family functions without it. My new husband even requested that I make it for Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I usually triple the recipe.
- 5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (I usually add more)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, cubed (I sometimes use colby/jack)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Mix ingredients until well blended; refrigerate.
- I usually make this a day ahead so that the flavors meld.
- Before serving, i usually add more Miracle Whip.
This macaroni salad is absolutely delicious. The Miracle Whip in here really makes the dish, and the fresh veggies add plenty of crunch. I did use celery instead of the cucumber and Miracle Whip Light along with 2% milk cheddar cheese cubes. But you'd never guess the salad was lower in fat! This is tastier (and more colorful) than what you'd find in the deli, & likelier less expensive. Fabulous-a keeper 4 sure!
This was very tasty!! I followed the recipe exactly, it doesn't need any changes for my taste. Thanks for posting this great recipe Renee