Recipe by shortnsassy51
As you see there are many receipe's for King Ranch Casserole, however this is my absolute favorite. Try it and you will see why! Also it is very easy to make, and freezes well!
Top Review by knitaholic
I was looking for some inspiration, again trying to stick with items I most likely had in my pantry and this fit the bill. Easy and delicious. The only change I made was using crushed Tostitos instead of Fritos because that's what I had on hand and I omitted the onion because DH doesn't like them. He said "Very Good" and then went back for another plate. There are also leftovers, which makes me happy as I now have lunch today. Thanks for posting.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast (cubed)
- 10 ounces rotel
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced black olives
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 20 ounces fritoes corn chips (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in broth or stock, I cut the chicken into cubes with kitchen scissors before boiling. Save the stock in case you need to add a bit of liquid to the mixture.
- Combine Rotel, soups, onion, olives, and chicken.
- In a large Pyrex baking dish layer hand crushed Fritoes, cheese, and mixture. Repeat layers until all is used, ending with crushed Fritoes on top.
- Heat until bubbly @ 350 degrees.
- When done, cover top Fritoe layer with cheese, and put back in oven until melted.