Recipe by HerbofGrace
My MIL taught me to cook this way. Stir frying the broccoli is one of the best ways to cook it-- without losing any vitamins and nutrients. I have also used the method with asparagus and green beans.
Top Review by jasonvanaken
I loved it but like so many others I added a few tweaks, instead of round steaks I uses ground beef, instead of thin slices I formed patties, instead if a wok I used a grill, instead of broccoli I used sliced onion and lettuce and instead of rice I used a toasted onion roll. Came out perfect. My family loved it. Definitely a keeper!
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- olive oil, to cover pan (about 2-3 tbsp)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger or 1 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced paper thin
- soy sauce
- heat olive oil in frying pan, add garlic and fresh ginger (if using powdered, add after adding broccoli), sauté about one minute.
- add broccoli, cover and cook till bright green and slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan to serving dish. Sprinkle with soy sauce and cover. serve immediately, before the broccoli wilts.