Every Sunday morning, my mom and I used to get up early and make these wonderful waffles. This recipe has been in the family for years, and I will definitly be passing it down to my children.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.