Every Sunday morning, my mom and I used to get up early and make these wonderful waffles. This recipe has been in the family for years, and I will definitly be passing it down to my children.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
Yum! Fluffy waffles that are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. I added vanilla. Thanks for a great recipe!
My family asked me to make waffles for them one sunday morning , I found this recipe on recipezaar and followed the instructions to the tee,and they were the best waffles we had ever had, they literally melted in your mouth. We choose strawberry and whip cream for toppings. This one definately went into our cookbook favorites. Good one Elaine Thanks Rayce.
Light and tasty!!! Easy to make. Prepared the recipe as directed, but did add a bit of vanilla. My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave it 5 stars! Definitely a keeper.