Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in The Baker's Dozen Cookbook. They are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had (and I've had more than my share!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and the two sugars.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add this to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Add the flour mixture until just mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- The center of the cookies will appear to be slightly underbaked- Do not overcook or the cookies will be crispy instead of chewy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.