Famous Smartie Cookies
photo by brendacoulter
- Ready In:
12 big cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup smarties candies (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips) or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine in a separate bowl: Flour, baking soda and salt
- In a mixer beat butter and sugar together.
- When well creamed (until you can see no yellow bits) mix in egg and vanilla.
- Beat wet together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- When well combined mix in the chocolate chips or smarties
- Let chill in fridge 30 mins minimum
- Make balls of dough using your hands. Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake 325 degrees fahrenheit for about 18-24 minutes depending on size of cookies formed.
- When done take out of oven and let sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack
Questions & Replies
Am I missing something? People are talking about the chocolate chips, the way I read the recipe it is calling for smarties OR chips OR M&;Ms. Also for those complaining about the time to bake. The given temp & time is a RECOMMENDATION when cooking or baking anything you NEVER depend entirely on someone else's temp or time. Ovens, ranges and microwaves are all different. As a matter of fact if you keep your stove long enough (mine is a 1947 Hoptpoint) you may notice subtle changes in your own oven.I have adjusted my temps and times over the years due to my oven fluctuating. I always set my a little lower (I have learned this from baking in my own oven) and I start checking earlier than the recipe says.
see 6 more reviews