Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I made years ago, and I had lost my recipe to it, but I just found it the other day and decided to share it with you all. You won't be disappointed!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bag, mix together the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese.
- In another mix together the flour and the salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Preheat a skillet with a little oil in it on medium-high-high until a good amount of heat can be felt when your hand is placed just above it, but before it smokes.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Toss the chicken breasts, two at a time, in the flour bag to coat evenly.
- Remove from the bag and coat them in the egg.
- Toss them, two at a time, in the bread crumb bag.
- Place them in the preheated skillet and sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside.
- In a 9"-13" pan, stir together the spaghetti, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, and basil.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with the mozzeralla cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
This is the worst chicken parm recipe ever! It felt like eating pasta with chicken...you dont flatten out the chicken? No sauce on the chicken? The sauce was not great at all...you need a proper marinara sauce. I would not use this recipe ever again!
I love me some carbs and tomato gravy. Oh, and some mozzarella cheese and crispy coated chicken. And you know what else? Between all the eating and the eating, I just keep eating. Sorry to be long-winded, but hey, I am of Cajun/Italian decent and when you take away the use of my hands when I'm talking, I tend to write...A LOT. Made for POTLUCK.
This was really good! i followed the recipe pretty close although i had to cook the chicken 20 minutes longer than it calls for but i had really thick chicken breast! The sauce isn't the best I've ever had but it isnt bad either! This is resturant quality! Will make again and again