The Best Catfish Tacos You'll Ever Eat
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Rinse and pat dry catfish pieces and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture until well coated and fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all have been fried and then refry them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. This will make them crispier. Drain again.
- In a cast iron or other heavy skillet, spray with nonstick spray and heat the tortillas on each side. Place in oven to keep warm. Meanwhile, mix the tartar sauce with a few drops of Tobasco.
- Spread each tortilla with a tablespoons of tartar sauce and some of the coleslaw and finally catfish pieces.
- Serve with additional tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.