Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those recipes I just made up one evening.
Make and share this The Best Catfish Tacos You'll Ever Eat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb catfish fillet, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- pepper, o taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 8 tablespoons store bought tartar sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces store bought Coleslaw
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Rinse and pat dry catfish pieces and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture until well coated and fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all have been fried and then refry them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. This will make them crispier. Drain again.
- In a cast iron or other heavy skillet, spray with nonstick spray and heat the tortillas on each side. Place in oven to keep warm. Meanwhile, mix the tartar sauce with a few drops of Tobasco.
- Spread each tortilla with a tablespoons of tartar sauce and some of the coleslaw and finally catfish pieces.
- Serve with additional tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.