Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in the newspaper along with a story about the brownies. The story claimed, "brownies so good, they may bring tears to your eyes." I decided to try making the brownies, and it's no joke, the brownies are just amazing. Just don't eat them after a heavy meal-- they're very rich.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon brewed espresso
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with foil or paper (if you use paper, be sure to butter it).
- In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stir chocolate and butter together until just melted. Remove and set aside to cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in middle of oven. Mix eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, espresso and salt together. Add cooled chocolate and mix well. Fold flour into batter until just incorporated.
- Turn batter into baking dish and bake until a tester comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!