1/5 Photos of The Best Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious banana bread recipe from one of my favorite, un-named cooking magazines. They test recipes again and again until they find the absolute BEST way to make something. Yummy and delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups toasted walnuts, chopped coarse (about 1 cup)
- 3 large very ripe soft darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 3Combine first five ingredients together in large bowl; set aside.
- 4Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
- 5Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
- 6Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 7Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 9Greasing and flouring only the bottom of a regular loaf pan causes the bread to cling to the sides and rise higher.
- 10If using a nonstick loaf pan, on which the sides are very slick, grease and flour sides as well as the bottom.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 308.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g