Recipe by Kimke
This is a delicious banana bread recipe from one of my favorite, un-named cooking magazines. They test recipes again and again until they find the absolute BEST way to make something. Yummy and delicious!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups toasted walnuts, chopped coarse (about 1 cup)
- 3 large very ripe soft darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine first five ingredients together in large bowl; set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
- Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Greasing and flouring only the bottom of a regular loaf pan causes the bread to cling to the sides and rise higher.
- If using a nonstick loaf pan, on which the sides are very slick, grease and flour sides as well as the bottom.