Recipe by Chef hrbane
This is a great recipe, easy and delicious. My Mom was the one who started making it for all of the family functions, and now I have perfected it.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) jarof the original chi chi's salsa (or anything you desire, I found that this has the best flavor for this dip and doesn't add a lot of )
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning packet until completely combined.
- Then add the salsa stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until it comes to a firm consistency, about an hour.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- I found this to be a big hit for football games and get-togethers.