Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the only spaghetti that may husband raves about. It consists of Barilla whole grain spaghetti, Newmsn's Own Sockarooni sauce & 1 lb of lean ground beef. I inserted the ingredients of the sauce so that the nutritional information would be accurate but some of the ingredient measurements may not be exactly accurate.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (we use Newman's Own Sockarooni)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- boil spaghetti according to pachage directions, drain water.
- brown ground beef in a skillet and drain any access grease.
- combine spaghetti and ground beef with both jars of sauce in a ductch oven or heavy pot.
- stir until completely mixed.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until warmed completely through.
- *if you don't plan to serve it right away you can refrigerate up to 4 or 5 days and then cook in the oven until warmed completely through.
Great recipe, I used Italian sausage and ground chuck, fresh tomatoes, fresh onion, and fresh mushrooms. I cooked down the peppers and onion in Marsala wine with a little olive oil before adding to my sauce. Before baking I covered the spaghetti with mozzarella cheese.