Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This Chili recipe will have your mouth dancing! The spices blended so harmoniously resulting in a perfect level of heat! Top it off with some cheddar cheese or sour cream, green onions or avocado and corn chips and you will be the belle of the ball!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 42 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a heavy pot sautee onions, coconut oil, ground beef and garlic.
- Add oregano, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and chipolte chili powder. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours until flavours blend.
- (Add more water as needed as the chili simmers).
- Serve with rice.
- Sharp cheddar, corn chops and fresh chopped corriander may be served on the side.