Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I had these cookies at the Black Walnut Inn, a B & B we stayed at this weekend. They are delicious! She also uses Ghirardeli's choc. chips.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats or 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, cranberries and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Loved the combination of the chocolate chips with cranberries, but had difficulty with the dough itself. Was only able to use about 2 1/2 cups of the oats because the dough was too stiff. Double checked all the ingredients to be sure I hadn't forgotten anything thing . . then added a couple tablespoons of water to get the right consistency. I am up in the mountains and the air is dry, so that may be part of the problem, just seems like alot of flour and oats for only one cup of butter and 2 eggs.
This is an outstanding cookie indeed. Loved the addition of the dried cranberries. Next week when I make them for our home study group, I going to do a 50/50 with the chocolate chips and cranberries. Thanks for sharing