Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light, fluffy and flavorful. It takes one more step and one more bowl to clean, but I think it's worth it :)
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 14.79 ml instant malted milk powder
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 28.39 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 78.07 ml club soda
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Whisk in the vanilla and buttermilk, then the melted butter.
- Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the egg yolk mixture. Add pecans and mix well.
- Gently fold the egg whites and the club soda into the batter. Do not over mix; batter should still have "ribbons" of egg whites when ready.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with Pam.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your personal preference. I cook mine on level 4 of 6 for about five minutes.
this is one of the better waffle recipe I have come across, the addition of the malt powder improves the flavor and texture, I use malt powder in my yeast recipes also, so I knew it would be a great addition, left out the cinnamon and nuts and subbed ginger ale for the club soda as I did not have any on hand, it seems to work fine although it may have increased the sweetness of the waffle slightly, thanks for sharing puppitypup!...Kitten :)