Recipe by puppitypup
Light, fluffy and flavorful. It takes one more step and one more bowl to clean, but I think it's worth it :)
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is one of the better waffle recipe I have come across, the addition of the malt powder improves the flavor and texture, I use malt powder in my yeast recipes also, so I knew it would be a great addition, left out the cinnamon and nuts and subbed ginger ale for the club soda as I did not have any on hand, it seems to work fine although it may have increased the sweetness of the waffle slightly, thanks for sharing puppitypup!...Kitten :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Whisk in the vanilla and buttermilk, then the melted butter.
- Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the egg yolk mixture. Add pecans and mix well.
- Gently fold the egg whites and the club soda into the batter. Do not over mix; batter should still have "ribbons" of egg whites when ready.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with Pam.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your personal preference. I cook mine on level 4 of 6 for about five minutes.